Unfortunately, at this time, we are unable to consider resumes from International applicants. Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada in order to apply, i.e. have Landed Immigrant Status, Work Visa or be a Canadian Citizen.
To apply for positions not posted and general enquiries, please contact Human Resources at the following e-mail address:
Human Resources Department
Yukon Hospital Corporation
#5 Hospital Road
Whitehorse, Yukon, Y1A 3H7
Human Resources Jobs (email)
Facility Administrator - Administration
Dawson City Hospital
Location: Yukon Hospital Corporation
Competition No.: #2012-001
Closing Date: Competition open until filled.
Classification/Level: Executive Management, Managerial and Excluded Group – Group 1
Pay Rate: $90,856 to $113,585 Annual
Employment Status: Regular Full Time
Monthly/weekly hours: 75 hours bi-weekly
$90,856 to $113,585 Annual Salary
- Included with the offer will be a comprehensive compensation package; including benefits package, pension plan and if required a relocation allowance.
This position is responsible for the supervision of direct client care across the full continuum of health (from health promotion through palliation) through active involvement in the planning, organizing, coordinating and evaluating of the overall programs related to clinical and support services within the facility in accordance with the established mission and goals of Yukon Hospital Corporation. The Facility Administrator will have an active role in the completion of the new hospital and the staffing for all positions. The hospital is expected to be completed in the fall of 2012 with opening expected to be in April 2013.
Knowledge and skills required for this position are as follows:
- Good knowledge of health care and hospital systems;
- Thorough knowledge of established practice and procedures of professional nursing care;
- Excellent knowledge of management methods and techniques including human and financial management and staff development;
- Sound knowledge of professional practices and procedures as outlined by Yukon RN Act;
- Knowledge of the organization and management of diagnostic and therapeutic hospital departments;
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office applications i.e. Excel, Word, Outlook;
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organize and manage using critical thinking skill;
- Ability to develop orientation programs, in-service education and training programs;
- Ability to prepare reports, manuals and correspondence;
- Strong ability to prioritize, problem-solve, and make decisions both interdependently and independently;
- Exceptional ability to resolve operating problems and assess staff performance;
- Exemplary leadership skills in a changing environment;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and ability to lead and work as a member of a multidisciplinary team;
- Excellent supervisory/management skills;
- Good initiative, discretion and judgment;
- Cross-cultural awareness and sensitivity;
- Commitment to lifelong learning.
Baccalaureate or Masters Degree in Nursing; five years nursing experience in an acute care hospital with five to ten years experience in a management position; preferably a Certificate in hospital or health care services administration and/or management, nursing administration or human resource management or equivalent; current registration with the Yukon Registered Nurses Association; Non-Violent Crisis Intervention and current CPR certification.
Yukon Hospital Corporation is committed to employment equity. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply, however, only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted. Unfortunately, at this time, we are unable to consider resumes from International applicants. Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada in order to apply, i.e. have Landed Immigrant Status, Work Visa, or be a Canadian Citizen.
How to Apply:
Quoting competition #2012-001, please email your resume