Unfortunately, at this time, we are unable to consider resumes from International applicants. Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada in order to apply, i.e. have Landed Immigrant Status, Work Visa or be a Canadian Citizen.
To apply for positions not posted and general enquiries, please contact Human Resources at the following e-mail address:
Human Resources Department
Yukon Hospital Corporation
#5 Hospital Road
Whitehorse, Yukon, Y1A 3H7
Human Resources Jobs (email)
Quality Assurance Technologist
Location: Whitehorse General Hospital
Competition No.: #2012-238
Closing Date: Competition open until filled.
Classification/Level: L09 PSAC
Pay Rate: $34.42 to $43.56 per hour
Employment Status: Regular Full Time
Monthly/weekly hours: 75 hours bi-weekly
Reporting to the Laboratory Manager, the incumbent manages the Laboratory Quality Assurance System within Yukon Hospital Corporation (YHC) through program development, implementation, education and audits. The incumbent will develop and maintain point of care testing (POCT) and general laboratory testing programs within the YHC network. The incumbent will also perform laboratory procedures, quality assurance and control testing as required.
The following are knowledge and skills required for this position:
- Knowledge of medical laboratory principles, theories, procedures, methods, techniques, practices and legislation
- Knowledge and ability to maintain a wide variety of complex laboratory equipment
- Excellent knowledge of Laboratory Quality Management processes.
- Knowledge of the laboratory accreditation process and excellent knowledge of laboratory standards
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to educate staff and lead through change processes in a multidisciplinary team environment.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills.
- Excellent document management skills
- Ability to maintain records and prepare comprehensive and concise reports and correspondence.
- Good research and writing skills
- Excellent problem solving and decision making skills
- Ability to prepare and present training programs.
- Effective interpersonal skills including discretion, tact and reliability
- Ability to operate a computer and experience in utilizing a Laboratory Information System
- Ability to deal with interruptions, distractions, time pressures, concurrent demands and client pressures.
- Cross cultural awareness and sensitivity
The successful applicant will have a current CSMLS Certification as a Registered Medical Technologist in Canada and has completed 2 to 3 years of post secondary education at a technical institute; 5 years recent experience in a medical laboratory environment and possess Laboratory Quality
Yukon Hospital Corporation is committed to employment equity. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority consideration. We thank all those who apply and advise that only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.
How to Apply:
Quoting competition #2012-238,email your resume by 4:00 p.m. to:
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org