Unfortunately, at this time, we are unable to consider resumes from International applicants. Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada in order to apply, i.e. have Landed Immigrant Status, Work Visa or be a Canadian Citizen.
To apply for positions not posted and general enquiries, please contact Human Resources at the following e-mail address:
Human Resources Department
Yukon Hospital Corporation
#5 Hospital Road
Whitehorse, Yukon, Y1A 3H7
Human Resources Jobs (email)
Job Competition Closed
Location: Whitehorse General Hospital
Competition No.: #2013-017
Closing Date: Feb 05, 2013
Classification/Level: L03 PSAC
Pay Rate: $23.67 to $29.95 per hour
Employment Status: Term Full Time
Monthly/weekly hours: 75 hours bi-weekly
Term: January 30, 2013, to March 1, 2014, or until return of incumbent.
Reporting to the Medical Imaging Manager, at Whitehorse General Hospital, the incumbent provides administrative services and co-ordinates clinical procedures which includes: being the initial contact for patients and visitors, maintaining computerized scheduling of appointments; creating, updating and maintaining electronic medical records and interacting with a variety of medical professionals. Supports the on-going quality assurance program; and other related duties.
Knowledge and skills required for this position are as follows:
- Knowledge of and proficiency in medical office procedures
- Knowledge of computerized scheduling, HIS and RIS; excellent computer skills
- Knowledge of medical terminology (anatomy, physiology and pathology)
- Knowledge of medical imaging exams and preparations
- Knowledge of Health and Safety Regulations
- Ability to recognize and respond to a change in patient condition
- Ability to multitask in a busy office setting (multidisciplinary department)
- Ability to deal with situations in a professional manner
- Ability to establish and maintain effective work relationships with colleagues, peers, patients and families
- Ability to organize, prioritize, adapt to workload variances and resolve work related problems
- Ability to keep current with changes and aid in implementation of accepted change
- Ability to train and orientate other health care professionals
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Thoroughness and attention to detail
- Reliability, self motivation and ability to work independently with limited supervision
- Cross-cultural awareness
The Successful candidate will have a Medical Terminology Certificate, 1-2 years Medical Office experience, Certification in CPR (or ability to become certified) and maintenance of continuing education credits. A Medical Office Assistant Certificate, experience in Medical Imaging department and knowledge of Picture Archiving Communication System/digital environment are desired.
Yukon Hospital Corporation is committed to employment equity. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply, however, only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted. Unfortunately, at this time, we are unable to consider resumes from International applicants. Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada in order to apply, i.e. have Landed Immigrant Status, Work Visa, or be a Canadian Citizen.
How to Apply:
Quoting competition # 2013-017, email your resume by 4:00 p.m. Feb. 5, 2013 to:
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org