Unfortunately, at this time, we are unable to consider resumes from International applicants. Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada in order to apply, i.e. have Landed Immigrant Status, Work Visa or be a Canadian Citizen.
To apply for positions not posted and general enquiries, please contact Human Resources at the following e-mail address:
Human Resources Department
Yukon Hospital Corporation
#5 Hospital Road
Whitehorse, Yukon, Y1A 3H7
Human Resources Jobs (email)
Combined Lab/XRay Technologist – Lab/Medical Imaging
Dawson City Hospital
Job Competition Closed
Location: Dawson City Hospital
Competition No.: #2013-052
Closing Date: Feb 27, 2013
Classification/Level: L08 PSAC
Pay Rate: $31.71 to $40.12 per hour
Employment Status: Regular Full Time
Monthly/weekly hours: 75 hours bi-weekly
Reporting to the Dawson City Community Hospital Facility Administrator, the position performs laboratory/radiology duties for the detection, prevention and management of physiological and pathological conditions; these include but are not limited to: laboratory (chemistry, hematology and urinalysis), Electrocardiograms and medical imaging general and emergency radiography procedures; and performs other duties as required.
The following are knowledge and skills required for this position:
- Knowledge of standard medical laboratory procedures and techniques and equipment.
- Knowledge of anatomy, physiology, and pathology,
- Knowledge of radiology techniques and associated equipment and instruments
- Ability to organize and co-ordinate the workload.
- Ability to perform related procedures and operate related equipment.
- Ability to work independently and adapt procedures to individual situations.
- Ability to keep abreast of technological developments in the field to ensure high standards of patient care.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective work relationships with patients, departmental, medical and nursing staff and outside agencies.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Good computer skills
- Good analytical skills
- Excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently
The successful candidate will have completed the Combined Laboratory/X-Ray Technologist program; have registration with the respective Professional Association; Completed CPR, WHMIS, Transportation of Dangerous Goods, Violence Intervention Program; Valid drivers license, where required by the job
Yukon Hospital Corporation is committed to employment equity. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply, however, only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted. Unfortunately, at this time, we are unable to consider resumes from International applicants. Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada in order to apply, i.e. have Landed Immigrant Status, Work Visa, or be a Canadian Citizen.
How to Apply:
Quoting competition #2013-052 e-mail your resume by 4.00 p.m. Feb 27th, 2013 to:
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org