Unfortunately, at this time, we are unable to consider resumes from International applicants. Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada in order to apply, i.e. have Landed Immigrant Status, Work Visa or be a Canadian Citizen.
To apply for positions not posted and general enquiries, please contact Human Resources at the following e-mail address:
Human Resources Department
Yukon Hospital Corporation
#5 Hospital Road
Whitehorse, Yukon, Y1A 3H7
Human Resources Jobs (email)
Job Competition Closed
Location: Whitehorse General Hospital
Competition No.: #2013-086
Closing Date: Jun 16, 2013
Classification/Level: Excluded Group – Group 3
Pay Rate: $24.01 to $30.02 per hour
Employment Status: Regular Full Time
Monthly/weekly hours: 75 hours bi-weekly
Reporting to the Director, Human Resources, the Human Resources Executive Assistant is responsible for providing confidential administrative support services to the Director, Human Resources and the Human Resources Team members where required. This position also includes providing executive secretariat services for various committees including both individual union management committees as well as the Joint Consultation Committee.
Knowledge and skills required for this position are as follows:
- Good knowledge of human resources office practices and procedures.
- Very good knowledge of research methodology.
- Knowledge of budget management and control methods.
- Excellent computer skills including knowledge of MS Office, Access and spreadsheet applications (Excel).
- Excellent organizational skills, and the strong ability to prioritize, problem solve, and make decisions both interdependently and independently.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and conflict resolution skills.
- Good initiative, discretion and judgment.
- Good problem solving skills.
- Ability to prepare agendas and minutes in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Ability to maintain files and records.
- Cross cultural awareness and sensitivity.
The successful applicant will have completed a post-secondary secretarial/administrative assistant program at a recognized college or training institution (minimum 1 year); A minimum of four years recent experience in a human resources office setting, with the requirement to work with independence a considerable amount of the time along with several years (three to five years) directly related experience at a senior administrative support level; Current Class 5 driver’s license. An equivalent combination of training and/or experience may be considered.
Post secondary course work in human resource management areas such recruitment/staffing/payroll processing; Non-violent Crisis Intervention or other Violence Intervention programs; experience with MEDITECH modules; experience with Human Resources Management Information Systems (H.R.M.I.S.) are considered desired qualifications.
Yukon Hospital Corporation is committed to employment equity. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply, however, only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted. Unfortunately, at this time, we are unable to consider resumes from International applicants. Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada in order to apply, i.e. have Landed Immigrant Status, Work Visa, or be a Canadian Citizen
How to Apply:
Quoting competition #2013-086, please e-mail your resume by 4:00 p.m. Wednesday, April 24, 2013
Please send your resume to email@example.com