Unfortunately, at this time, we are unable to consider resumes from International applicants. Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada in order to apply, i.e. have Landed Immigrant Status, Work Visa or be a Canadian Citizen.
To apply for positions not posted and general enquiries, please contact Human Resources at the following e-mail address:
Human Resources Department
Yukon Hospital Corporation
#5 Hospital Road
Whitehorse, Yukon, Y1A 3H7
Human Resources Jobs (email)
Job Competition Closed
Location: Whitehorse General Hospital
Competition No.: #2013-178
Closing Date: Jul 16, 2013
Classification/Level: L06 PSAC
Pay Rate: $27.59 to $34.92 per hour
Employment Status: Regular Part Time
Monthly/weekly hours: 37.5 hours bi-weekly
Reporting to the Manager Accounting Services, at Whitehorse General Hospital, the incumbent will be responsible for assisting with the accurate processing of the regular bi-weekly payroll of the Corporation and processing leave applications and calculating the cost of benefits. This position is also responsible for completing monthly General Ledger reconciliations, assisting with year-end working papers for external audit and providing support to the Finance Team.
Knowledge and skills required for this position are as follows:
- Solid demonstrable knowledge of payroll and leave administration
- Knowledge of collective agreement administration
- Knowledge of and ability to administer legislated acts and regulations relating to payroll (e.g. Revenue Canada
- Taxation, Employment Insurance Act, WCB Act etc.)
- Strong computer skills and ability to use various computer Microsoft Office software products (Word, Excel,,li> Outlook, etc)
- Excellent interpersonal and oral communication skills
- Good research and report writing skills
- Good analytical and organizational skills
- Tact and diplomacy and use of good judgment
- Strong problem solving skills
- Cross-cultural awareness
The Successful candidate will have a minimum of three (3) years’ experience in processing payroll and benefit/leave administration preferably in a unionized environment and in a hospital or other healthcare environment; Accounting/bookkeeping certificate or diploma (1-2 years) and/or 2 years working experience; Non-violent crisis intervention or similar non-violence training to be obtained within 6 months of hire. Strong knowledge of the Meditech System and Payroll Compliance Practitioner (PCP) designation from the Canadian Payroll Association is desired.
Yukon Hospital Corporation is committed to employment equity. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply, however, only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted. Unfortunately, at this time, we are unable to consider resumes from International applicants. Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada in order to apply, i.e. have Landed Immigrant Status, Work Visa, or be a Canadian Citizen.
How to Apply:
Quoting competition # 2013-178 email your resume by 4:00 p.m. July 16, 2013 to:
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org