Unfortunately, at this time, we are unable to consider resumes from International applicants. Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada in order to apply, i.e. have Landed Immigrant Status, Work Visa or be a Canadian Citizen.
To apply for positions not posted and general enquiries, please contact Human Resources at the following e-mail address:
Human Resources Department
Yukon Hospital Corporation
#5 Hospital Road
Whitehorse, Yukon, Y1A 3H7
Human Resources Jobs (email)
Senior Policy Research Analyst
Yukon Hos[ital Corporation
Job Competition Closed
Location: Whitehorse General Hospital
Competition No.: #2013-184
Closing Date: Nov 01, 2013
Classification/Level: Executive Management, Managerial and Excluded Group – Group 3
Pay Rate: $76,000.00 to $95,000.00
Employment Status: Regular Full Time
Monthly/weekly hours: 75 hours bi-weekly
In support of Yukon Hospital Corporation’s mission, vision, values and strategic direction, the Senior Policy Research Analyst will support decision making at the Executive and Senior Management level, design and implement efficient business processes/systems, provide guidance and act as a resource to hospital programs and services to help facilitate safer patient care, implement initiatives to reduce and eliminate unsafe processes, and facilitate the use of best practices to optimize patient outcomes. Reporting to the Director of Strategic Initiatives, this position prepares decision documents and background papers, researches best practices, implements and evaluates initiatives, completes service and clinical audits, develops policies and procedures, supports the administrative management of policies throughout the Corporation, and performs other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills required for this position are as follows:
- Thorough knowledge of policy development principles, methods and activities
- Knowledge of research methodology.
- Knowledge of relevant acts and regulations such as ATIPP, PIPEDA, Canada Health Act, Yukon Health Act etc.
- Working knowledge of professional practice standards, statutes and regulations governing the operation of an acute care hospital
- Working knowledge of program evaluation, auditing, data collection and analysis methods and techniques
- Working knowledge of patient safety theory and tools used in a healthcare environment
- Proven exemplary written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to establish positive relationships with all staff, clients, families, community agencies and other professionals while employing tact and diplomacy
- Proven organizational, problem-solving, time management, prioritization, coordination, facilitation, and critical thinking skills
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership
- Highly computer literate with relevant business productivity systems
- Demonstrated ability to utilize creativity in the development and delivery of education material to adult learners
The successful candidate will have University Degree in a health service discipline such as health, social services, public policy or management with 4-5 years’ experience in policy analysis, development, evaluation, and research in health care systems. An equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience may be considered. Project management training would be an asset,
Yukon Hospital Corporation is committed to employment equity. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply, however, only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted. Unfortunately, at this time, we are unable to consider resumes from International applicants. Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada in order to apply, i.e. have Landed Immigrant Status, Work Visa, or be a Canadian Citizen.
How to Apply:
Quoting competition # 2013-184, please e-mail your resume by 4.00 p.m. July 18, 2013 to:
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org