Unfortunately, at this time, we are unable to consider resumes from International applicants. Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada in order to apply, i.e. have Landed Immigrant Status, Work Visa or be a Canadian Citizen.
To apply for positions not posted and general enquiries, please contact Human Resources at the following e-mail address:
Human Resources Department
Yukon Hospital Corporation
#5 Hospital Road
Whitehorse, Yukon, Y1A 3H7
Human Resources Jobs (email)
Administrative Assistant - Open to Internal YHC Staff Only
A&D Health Records
Job Competition Closed
Location: Whitehorse General Hospital
Competition No.: 2013-229
Closing Date: Oct 17, 2013
Classification/Level: L04 PSAC
Pay Rate: $25.43 to $32.17 per hour
Employment Status: Regular Full Time
Monthly/weekly hours: 75 hours bi-weekly
Reporting to the Manager Admissions and Discharge (A&D) and Health Records, the incumbent processes hospital admissions and discharges, Surgical Day Care, ER, Minor Procedures, Clinical patients and Hostel admissions and discharges; performs hospital reception, switchboard duties and responsible for alarms; performs various financial and clerical duties; and performs other duties.
Knowledge and Skills required for this position are as follows:
- Knowledge of general office practices and procedures;
- Knowledge of the functions of a general hospital;
- Knowledge of switchboard operation;
- Computer experience;
- Ability to interview patients and obtain necessary information;
- Ability to complete and maintain forms;
- Ability to work effectively under stress;
- Excellent interpersonal relationships;
- Alertness, Reliability, Thoroughness;
- Customer service skills;
- Cross Cultural awareness;
- Ability to multi task;
- Effective oral and written communication skills;
- Effective typing/keyboarding skills;
- Good observation skills;
- General use of office equipment;
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Ability to work without supervision; and
- Non Violent Crisis Intervention.
The successful applicant will have successfully completed Grade 12, have experience providing customer services in an office setting and have experience operating a switchboard/paging system. Bilingualism (English/French), knowledge of medical terminology, experience working with Meditech software modules and knowledge of hospital organization would be considered assets for this position.
Note: One round of interviewing will be held to determine the successful internal applicants for 2013-229 and 2013-230.
Yukon Hospital Corporation is committed to employment equity. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority consideration. We thank all those who apply and advise that only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.
How to Apply:
Quoting competition # 2013-229, email by resume 4:00 p.m. on October 17, 2013 to:
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org