Unfortunately, at this time, we are unable to consider resumes from International applicants. Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada in order to apply, i.e. have Landed Immigrant Status, Work Visa or be a Canadian Citizen.
To apply for positions not posted and general enquiries, please contact Human Resources at the following e-mail address:
Human Resources Department
Yukon Hospital Corporation
#5 Hospital Road
Whitehorse, Yukon, Y1A 3H7
Human Resources Jobs (email)
Job Competition Closed
Location: Whitehorse General Hospital
Competition No.: #2013-239
Closing Date: Oct 23, 2013
Classification/Level: L03 PSAC
Pay Rate: $24.32 to $30.78 per hour
Employment Status: Casual on Call
Monthly/weekly hours: No guarantee of hours
Reporting to the Manager of Therapy Services and working with the Therapy Services team, hospital personnel, physicians and
the general public, the incumbent organizes and coordinates activities to ensure the department operates efficiently; this
includes scheduling and confirming client visits; liaising with clients, physicians, hospital departments and other personnel.
The position is responsible for the provision of reception, administrative, and clerical duties for the Therapy Services Department.
The following are knowledge and skills required for this position:
- Excellent computer skills, including word processing and spreadsheet software (MS Office, Excel), databases, email;
- Good typing/keyboarding skills;
- General office practices and procedures including use of office equipment;
- Demonstrated organizational skills;
- Excellent ability to plan and coordinate activities;
- Experience scheduling patient/client appointments;
- Highly motivated and innovative/creative;
- Effective oral and written communication skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Initiative and ability to work with minimal supervision;
- Cross cultural awareness and sensitivity;
- Demonstrated skills in working with diverse patient populations.
The successful applicant is required to have completion of Senior Secondary school, or grade 12 equivalency along with one to
two years office experience preferably in a hospital setting, with a requirement to work independently; Administrative Assistant diploma or 2 years’ experience as an AA, preferably in a medical setting; current CPR certification (to be certified within
6 months of hire date).
Desired education and training - experience in medical office procedures; knowledge of Medical Systems Management & other relevant MEDITECH modules; knowledge of hospital organization; background in medical terminology; general knowledge of Physiotherapy & Occupational Therapy practice.
Yukon Hospital Corporation is committed to employment equity. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply, however, only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted. Unfortunately, at this time, we are unable to consider resumes from International applicants. Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada in order to apply, i.e. have Landed Immigrant Status, Work Visa, or be a Canadian Citizen.
How to Apply:
Quoting competition # 2013-239, email your resume by 4:00 p.m. on Wednesday, October 23, to:
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org