Unfortunately, at this time, we are unable to consider resumes from International applicants. Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada in order to apply, i.e. have Landed Immigrant Status, Work Visa or be a Canadian Citizen.
To apply for positions not posted and general enquiries, please contact Human Resources at the following e-mail address:
Human Resources Department
Yukon Hospital Corporation
#5 Hospital Road
Whitehorse, Yukon, Y1A 3H7
Human Resources Jobs (email)
Admissions & Discharge/Medical Records Clerk
Job Competition Closed
Location: Watson Lake Hospital
Competition No.: #2013-267
Closing Date: Dec 03, 2013
Classification/Level: L03 PSAC
Pay Rate: $24.32 to $30.78 per hour
Employment Status: Term Full Time
Monthly/weekly hours: 75 hours bi-weekly
Term: December 1, 2013 – November 30, 2014 or until return of incumbent.
Reporting to the Support Services Supervisor, the Admitting and Discharge Medical Records Clerk processes hospital admissions, discharges, and out patients, performs hospital reception, switchboard duties and is responsible for alarms; performs various financial, clerical, and other related duties.
The following are knowledge and skills required for this position:
- Knowledge of general office practices and procedures including filing, scheduling, correspondence and reports;
- Effective computer skills i.e. typing/keyboarding skills;
- Knowledge of the functions of a general hospital;
- Knowledge of switchboard operation;
- Knowledge of basic accounting procedures;
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills including good customer service skills and the ability to interview patients and obtain necessary information;
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- Ability to work effectively under stress and multi-task;
- Cross Cultural awareness and sensitivity;
- Ability to work without supervision.
Requirements for this position are Grade 12, experience providing customer service in an office setting and operating a switchboard and paging system and a valid Yukon Drivers License.
Yukon Hospital Corporation is committed to employment equity. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply, however, only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted. Unfortunately, at this time, we are unable to consider resumes from International applicants. Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada in order to apply, i.e. have Landed Immigrant Status, Work Visa, or be a Canadian Citizen.
How to Apply:
Quoting competition #2013-267 e-mail your resume by 4.00 p.m. December 3, 2013 to:
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org