Unfortunately, at this time, we are unable to consider resumes from International applicants. Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada in order to apply, i.e. have Landed Immigrant Status, Work Visa or be a Canadian Citizen.
To apply for positions not posted and general enquiries, please contact Human Resources at the following e-mail address:
Human Resources Department
Yukon Hospital Corporation
#5 Hospital Road
Whitehorse, Yukon, Y1A 3H7
Human Resources Jobs (email)
Job Competition Closed
Location: Whitehorse General Hospital
Competition No.: 2014-010
Closing Date: May 28, 2014
Pay Rate: $36.36 to $48.56
Employment Status: Regular Part Time Position
Monthly/weekly hours: 37.5 hours bi-weekly
As a multidisciplinary team member the incumbent provides nursing care for patients through the administration and implementation of medical investigation and therapeutic programs.
Knowledge and Skills Required
- Knowledge of established practices and procedures of professional nursing care;
- Knowledge of trends and developments in the nursing field;
- Ability to develop and implement nursing care plans;
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing;
- Effective interpersonal relationships;
- Initiative, judgment and reliability;
- Cross-cultural awareness;
- Advocacy and Assertiveness skills;
- Ability to teach nursing practices and other relevant unit skills;
- Basic computer literacy; and,
- Minimum 1 year recent Chemotherapy experience.
The successful candidate is required to have a Diploma/Baccalaureate degree in Nursing, be currently registered with Yukon Registered Nurses Association (YRNA), have current C.P.R certification and Chemotherapy certified. Skills and knowledge that would be desirable are A.C.L.S. and Certification in Oncology Nursing.
A minimum of one year of experience in Chemotherapy is required for this position.
Yukon Hospital Corporation is committed to employment equity. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply, however, only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted. Unfortunately, at this time, we are unable to consider resumes from International applicants. Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada in order to apply, i.e. have Landed Immigrant Status, Work Visa, or be a Canadian Citizen.
How to Apply:
Quoting competition # 2014-010, email your resume to email@example.com
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org