Unfortunately, at this time, we are unable to consider resumes from International applicants. Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada in order to apply, i.e. have Landed Immigrant Status, Work Visa or be a Canadian Citizen.
To apply for positions not posted and general enquiries, please contact Human Resources at the following e-mail address:
Human Resources Department
Yukon Hospital Corporation
#5 Hospital Road
Whitehorse, Yukon, Y1A 3H7
Human Resources Jobs (email)
First Nations Health & Social Liaison Worker
First Nations Health Programs
Job Competition Closed
Location: Whitehorse General Hospital
Competition No.: #2014-200
Closing Date: May 27, 2014
Classification/Level: L08 PSAC
Pay Rate: $32.59 to $41.23 per hours
Employment Status: Regular Full Time
Monthly/weekly hours: 75 hours bi-weekly
Reporting to the Director, First Nation Health Programs, the incumbent participates in patient care, planning, counselling and support to patients and their families. In addition, plans and develops culturally relevant health counselling and support programs for First Nation patients as well as acting as a consumer advocate for First Nation people using the health care system. The incumbent also assists with the planning and provision of culturally relevant training and support for health care professionals.
The following are knowledge and skills required for this position:
- Excellent knowledge of culture, traditions, social history, and economic conditions of Yukon First Nations;
- Good knowledge of trends and developments in social service field with particular emphasis on First Nation requirements;
- Knowledge of Yukon Social Service and Health Care systems;
- Strong counselling skills;
- Excellent communications skills, both oral and written;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Good interpersonal skills for consensus building and problem solving;
- Ability to plan and develop culturally relevant health counselling and support programs for First Nations people and health care professionals;
- Initiative to self-direct and maintain program delivery;
- Flexibility and good judgment; and
Extensive experience with Yukon First Nations’ people and graduation from an acceptable social service or health care program (4 years) is required for this position. An equivalent combination of education and extensive related working experience may also be considered.
Please note: this position requires the ability to work days, evenings and weekends. Preference will be given to candidates of First Nation Ancestry.
Yukon Hospital Corporation is committed to employment equity. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply, however, only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted. Unfortunately, at this time, we are unable to consider resumes from International applicants. Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada in order to apply, i.e. have Landed Immigrant Status, Work Visa, or be a Canadian Citizen. We thank all those who apply and advise that only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.
How to Apply:
Quoting competition #2014-200, email your resume by 4:00 p.m. by May 27, 2014 to
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org