Yukon Hospital CorporationWhitehorse General Hospital (YHCWGH) values its most important resources – its employees. To ensure that the dedication, attributes, talents and skills employees bring to the workplace are recognized and rewarded, an Employee Recognition Program will be established. It is also the responsibility of all employees, however, to promote recognition in their work areas and to help ensure that recognition is received where it is due.
The YHC Employee Recognition Program will have several components:
- Performance Enrichment (will recognize individual employees or teams in the areas of staff development and leadership)
- Innovation (will recognize individual employees or group ideas/suggestions both at the departmental and Corporate levels for the exchange and introduction of new ideas and suggestions that benefit the working arrangements of the department/unit and meet the strategic direction of the Yukon Hospital Corporation)
- Service (will recognize individual employees when promoted as well as for service in 5 year increments)
- Peer Focused Recognition (peers will recognize their colleagues, eg. Pay it Forward Campaign)
- Quality Improvement & Safety Recognition (Recognition will be provided to leaders, employees, service providers, volunteers and students, who lead, participate or demonstrate activities that promote quality improvement and safety).
- Patient/Client Focused Recognition (Patients or clients may put forward individual or teams for a patient/client focused recognition award).
Added to cache at May 25, 2013 02:12:49
Content not from cache