The Occupational Health and Safety Nurse (O.H.N.) at the Whitehorse General Hospital promotes health and well being of staff and maintains a healthy working environment through occupational health nursing activities by:
- Establishing and maintaining a health record for each employee.
- All new employees are required to book an appointment with the O.H.N. for a brief health assessment inclusive of an immunization status update.
- Providing education around occupational health risks, injury prevention and reporting. Facilitating return to work and case management associated with Worker’s Compensation Board, Long Term Disability claims and/ or other.
- Participating in health and safety activities such as the Occupational Health and Safety Committee, Employee Health and Safety Action group, Client Support Team, Wellness group, Educational Sessions, Musculo-skeletal Injury Prevention Program and other related special projects.
- Coordinating workplace surveillance programs to identify and remedy actual or potential health and safety concerns, issues problems.
Added to cache at May 19, 2013 05:33:23