The Traditional Medicine Coordinator helps to provide awareness of traditional medicines and to assist Aboriginal patients to access traditional healing methods during their hospital stay.
- Provides information and awareness about the uses of various medicines available from the land.
- Assesses the patient to determine the need and ability to receive traditional medicine.
- Consults with health care professionals in planning care for Aboriginal patients.
- Provides counseling and spiritual support to patients and their families.
- Gathers medicine from the land.
- Gathers ongoing knowledge from Elders.
Added to cache at May 22, 2013 06:07:05