This new hospital will enhance acute care services in the Klondike and North Yukon region and will centralize care by bringing community health services (i.e. community nursing, EMS, physician clinics and retail pharmacy) under the same roof as acute health care.
One of the great challenges of this project is to construct a technically advanced building, whose exterior adheres to Dawson’s historic nature.
Dawson City Hospital Functional Plan
How will you benefit?
- 24/7 acute health care in a brand new hospital
- Less travel to Whitehorse and outside of the territory by having more comprehensive care in your community
- More local options for palliative and respite care
- New programs implemented closer to home such as First Nations Health Programs, Dietician, Therapies, Lab/Xray Tech
- 28,000 square feet (2600 sq. m)
Added to cache at May 22, 2013 06:38:43