Reporting to the Clinical Care Manager ER, OR and Specialist Clinic, the incumbent coordinates the Specialists yearly visits, schedules patient/client appointments, liaises with patients/clients, physicians, hospital departments and other personnel. The incumbent is responsible for coordinating clinic activities to ensure the clinic operates efficiently, organizing the Specialists’ surgical schedule, and collecting, compiling, and preparing Specialist Clinic statistics
Knowledge and skills required for this position are as follows:
• Excellent computer skills, including word processing, spreadsheet applications (Excel), e-mail;
• Minimum typing/keyboarding skills in English at a speed of at least 40 words per minute with not more than 5% error. Proof of recent typing test to be provided;
• Knowledge of medical office procedures;
• Excellent organizational skills;
• Experience scheduling patient/client appointments;
• Highly motivated and innovative;
• Background in medical terminology;
• Strong oral and written communication skills;
• Excellent interpersonal skills;
• Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision;
• Analytical skills;
• Cross cultural awareness.
The successful candidate is required to have a current non-violent crisis intervention training and current CPR training. Experience in a Health Care office, experience with MEDITECH and ARRAY modules, knowledge of hospital organization, post-secondary Administrative Assistant/Medical Office Assistant program at a recognized college or training institution are desired.
Quoting competition #2019-479 in the subject line, email your resume by 4:00 p.m., December 10, 2019 to: firstname.lastname@example.org
People Services & Culture
Yukon Hospital Corporation
Yukon Hospital Corporation is committed to employment equity. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply, however, only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted. Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada in order to apply, i.e. have Landed Immigrant Status (Permanent Resident), Work Visa, or be a Canadian Citizen.
Posting Date: November 26, 2019