(Open to YHC Internal Applicants Only)
Reporting to the Manager, Laboratory Services, the Administrative Assistant performs receptionist duties including: being the initial contact for clients/patients seeking laboratory services, inputting patient data into the computer system, retrieval and processing of reports received from external testing sites.
Knowledge and skills required:
- Knowledge of office practices and procedures
- Typing/keyboarding skills in English at a minimum speed of 30 words per minute with no more than 2% error rate. Proof of recent typing test to be provided.
- Good computer skills, including word processing, email and document management
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Ability to interview patients/clients and obtain necessary information
- Ability to give attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent organization skills
- Cross cultural awareness
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability and commitment to punctuality
- Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision
- Ability to work effectively under stress
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to maintain client confidentiality.
- Ability to work in a team environment and foster team dynamics
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and email
The successful applicant will have a High School Diploma and post-secondary education in Administrative Assistant/ Medical Office Assistant at a recognized college or training institution. An equivalent combination of education/training and/or experience may be considered. One year of hospital or medical office experience and experience working with Meditech (LIS) would be considered assets for this position.
Quoting competition #2021-478, email your resume by 4:00 p.m. on August 4, 2021 to: email@example.com
Indigenous Workforce Initiative - We are committed to having a diverse and representative workforce that reflects the community we serve. When applying to YHC Career Opportunities, we invite you to voluntarily self-identify in the email body of your application. Please do so in whatever manner you feel accurately reflects who you are. You will then be connected with Yukon Hospitals’ Indigenous Workforce Initiative (IWI), where you can receive support with application materials, hear about additional training or mentorship opportunities, and ask any questions you have. All self-identification information will remain confidential. You are also welcome to contact IWI supports before submitting your application at IWI@wgh.yk.ca or call 867-332-7203.
Yukon Hospital Corporation is committed to employment equity. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply, however, only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted. Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada in order to apply, i.e. have Landed Immigrant Status (Permanent Resident), Work Visa, or be a Canadian Citizen.
Posting Date: July 21, 2021