Administrative Assistant - Medical Imaging
Term is September 21, 2020 to October 22, 2021
Reporting to the Manager Medical Imaging, at Whitehorse General Hospital, the incumbent provides administrative services and co-ordinates clinical procedureswhich include: being the initial contact for patients and visitors, maintaining computerized scheduling of appointments; creating, updating and maintaining electronic medical records and interacting with a variety of medical professionals. Supports the on-going quality assurance program; and other related duties.
Knowledge and skills required for this position:
- Knowledge of and proficiency in medical office procedures;
- Knowledge of computerized scheduling, HIS and RIS; excellent computer skills;
- Knowledge of medical terminology (anatomy, physiology and pathology);
- Knowledge of medical imaging exams and preparations;
- Knowledge of Health and Safety Regulations;
- Ability to recognize and respond to a change in patient condition;
- Ability to multitask in a busy office setting (multidisciplinary department);
- Ability to deal with situations in a professional manner;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective work relationships with colleagues, peers, patients and families;
- Ability to organize, prioritize, adapt to workload variances and resolve work related problems;
- Ability to keep current with changes and aid in implementation of accepted change;
- Ability to train and orientate other health care professionals;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality;
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Thoroughness and attention to detail;
- Reliability, self-motivation and ability to work independently with limited supervision;
- Cross-cultural awareness.
The successful candidate will have a Medical Terminology certificate, (1) one to (2) two years Medical Office experience and certification in CPR (or ability to become certified). A Medical Office Assistant Certificate, experience in a Medical Imaging department and knowledge of Picture Archiving Communication System/digital environment would all be considered assets for this position.
Quoting competition #2020-338 in the subject line, email your resume by 4:00 pm, August 14, 2020 to: firstname.lastname@example.org
People Services and Culture
Yukon Hospital Corporation
Yukon Hospital Corporation is committed to employment equity. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply, however, only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted. Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada in order to apply, i.e. have Landed Immigrant Status (Permanent Resident), Work Visa, or be a Canadian Citizen.
Posting Date: July 31, 2020