Manager, Human Resources
Competition open until filled.
The Manager, Human Resources enables Yukon Hospital Corporation (YHC) to strive for the best care every time through effective human resources management. Reporting to the Director, People Services & Culture (PS&C), the incumbent leads YHC’s human resources function and related client services, including labour relations, employee relations, compensation, workforce development and recruitment. This position strongly supports business needs and ensures the proper implementation of the organization’s strategy and objectives by leading HR initiatives, promoting corporate values, helping build partner-based relationships (internally and externally) and developing people-focused policies, processes and programs.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- In-depth knowledge of theory and practice of HR management and all relevant disciplines, such as: labour relations, recruitment/retention, organizational development, workforce development/job analysis, compensation/total rewards, and ability management;
- In-depth knowledge of applicable laws, standards, regulations, protocols and policies;
- Excellent communication, active listening, negotiation and presentation skills;
- Strong customer-service skills and client-centered approach;
- Excellent organizational and writing skills;
- Excellent research, investigative, analytical and problem solving skills;
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access, etc.) and knowledge of HRIS software applications;
- Ability to plan, organize, schedule, assign work and assess employee performance;
- Ability to exercise tact and diplomacy;
- People oriented and results driven;
- Ability to build strategy and provide leadership in achieving objectives; and
- Cross-cultural awareness and sensitivity.
- Post-secondary education in business, human resources management, or organizational effectiveness;
- A minimum of five (5) years’strategic human resources or labour relations management experience in a unionized environment preferably within a hospital or health authority as well as demonstrated success in progressive leadership roles;
- Experience leading a high-performing team;
- Experience leading organizational and cultural change;
- Demonstrated experience with HR metrics and using data to solve real-world issues; and
- CPHR or CHRL designation.
An equivalent combination of education, training, and/or experience may be considered.
Apply now by quoting competition 2018-163, and email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Yukon Hospital Corporation is committed to employment equity. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority consideration. We thank all those who apply and advise that only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Posting Date: April 26, 2018 / Open Until Filled