Manager, Organizational Development
Competition open until filled.
The Manager, Organizational Development provides organization-wide consultation and delivers solutions to expand our people’s knowledge and capacity to achieve successful and effective organizational change and performance. Working closely and collaboratively with team leaders and the People Services & Culture team, the incumbent will develop, implement and support structures, systems, processes and programs around culture and engagement, performance management, talent management, leadership development, change management, succession planning, learning & development, and competency frameworks at the organization and work unit level to support an effective workforce.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Comprehensive knowledge of change management and organizational development principles and practices;
- Demonstrated understanding of strategies and programs that create high-performing cultures, including performance management, and rewards and recognition programs; a desire to challenge the status quo and drive continuous improvement;
- Strong presentation, facilitation, coaching, and project management skills that lead change processes and organizational development delivery;
- Superior team building, problem solving, systems thinking, and conflict resolution skills that facilitate critical thinking and decision-making;
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (e.g. Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, Word);
- Demonstrated ability to assess organizational development/learning needs and develop, implement and evaluate programs;
- Demonstrated ability to provide senior advisory services and consultation to leadership, utilizing strong communication skills and the ability to persuade and influence;
- Demonstrated initiative, vision, storytelling, independent thinking and creative problem-solving abilities to implement project plans, and realize project completion and sustainment.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and execute projects in consultation with business experts, leaders and front-line staff.
- Demonstrated ability to apply various project management methodologies in the design and development of various programs, frameworks and tools.
- Demonstrated ability to apply knowledge and skill in operational management, strategy deployment of recognition or performance management programs, and leadership development as well as an understanding of health care disciplines and networking abilities to provide high-level consulting services;
- Demonstrated ability to apply superior judgment, tact, and political expertise to communicate sensitive information to, and collaborate with, a variety of internal and external stakeholders;
- Demonstrated ability to utilize superior team building, problem solving, and conflict resolution skills to facilitate critical thinking and creative problem resolution;
- Demonstrated ability to foster creativity and innovation in strategic planning involving cultural shifts and large-scale change;
- Energetic, passionate, with drive for excellence and making things happen;
- Cross-cultural awareness and sensitivity.
- Demonstrated understanding and five (5) years’ experience developing and successfully implementing organizational development programs and initiatives;
- Demonstrated experience with writing curriculum and developing technical and leaders’ materials;
- Proven track record in effectively influencing and navigating across organizational boundaries and building strong partnerships that produce mutual results; and
- Experience working in complex systems or previous healthcare settings.
- University degrees with additional training and/or focus in Human Resources Management, Organizational Development or a closely related field such as Adult Education or Change Management are considered desirable.
An equivalent combination of education, training, and/or experience may be considered.
Apply now by quoting competition 2018-162, and email your resume to: email@example.com.
Yukon Hospital Corporation is committed to employment equity. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority consideration. We thank all those who apply and advise that only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Posting Date: April 26, 2018 / Open Until Filled