Registered Nurse -Dawson City Community Hospital
Competition open until filled.
Reporting to the Facility Administrator, the Registered Nurse administers and implements the medical and therapeutic programs ordered by the physician. As well the RN develops, and implements individualized nursing care plans. As a team member, through the provision of treatment services and health education, the incumbent fosters an environment in which clients can achieve and maintain optimal health. Duties include: providing inpatient and outpatient/emergency care for the patient; assisting with planning; implementing and evaluating a comprehensive family service; and performing other related duties which contribute to the optimal functioning of the unit.
Knowledge and Skills Required
- Knowledge of general practices and procedures of professional nursing care;
- Knowledge of trends and developments in the nursing field;
- Ability to develop and implement nursing care plans;
- Ability to provide professional nursing care in a cross cultural environment;
- Ability to instruct patients and their families in health and rehabilitation practices;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Commitment to interdisciplinary team approach;
- Demonstrates initiative and good judgment;
- Excellent problem solving skills;
- Ability to teach nursing practices and other relevant skills;
- Good leadership skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Computer literacy skills; and,
- Commitment to lifelong learning.
The successful candidate is required to have a Diploma/Baccalaureate degree in Nursing from a Canadian Nursing program or a recognized equivalent, currently registered with or able to register with Yukon Registered Nurses Association (YRNA) for a practicing license, current C.P.R certification, valid Yukon Driver’s license and Non-Violent Crisis Intervention certification. Certification in ACLS, NRP and TNCC would be considered an asset for this position.
A minimum of 2 to 3 years of acute care nursing experience is required for this position.
Quoting competition # 2016-293 e-mail your resume to: email@example.com
Please Note: Internal employees only: This job posting will be utilized to create two Eligibility Lists – one for regular (full-time and part-time) and one for term positions. Qualified employees who wish to be included on either or both of the Eligibility Lists must apply for the job posting in order to be interviewed for the purpose of being ranked on the Eligibility Lists.
Yukon Hospital Corporation is committed to employment equity. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority consideration. We thank all those who apply and advise that only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Posting Date: Open until filled