Coordinator, Volunteer Services and Patient Support
Reporting to the Director, People Services and Culture, the Coordinator, Volunteer Services & Patient Support will work to support safe and excellent hospital care through the development and coordination of the Yukon Hospital Corporation’s volunteer program and support for language services. Working closely and collaboratively with our hospitals’ administration, patient care, clinical support and other support service teams, the Coordinator will develop volunteer and patient support programs in our hospitals that promote community involvement, ensure effective practices and standards and contribute to a positive patient experience.
Knowledge and Skills Required
- Knowledge of the theory and practice of volunteer resource management, including relevant standards of practice and the Canadian Code of Volunteer Involvement.
- Strong belief and understanding of the principles of volunteerism, both practical and philosophical and a commitment to excellence in the administration of volunteer resources.
- Knowledge of effective interviewing and screening tools and techniques.
- Computer proficiency with MS Office and knowledge of volunteer management software and record keeping.
- Cross-cultural awareness and sensitivity.
- Familiarity with the concept of active offer.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and French.
- Strong interpersonal skills along with the ability to identify, build and maintain successful working relationships and partnerships.
- Demonstrated program development and project management skills.
- Excellent problem-solving, group facilitation and conflict resolution skills.
- An advocate for volunteers in the organization and in the community.
- Ability to develop and implement effective program policies and procedures.
- Ability to develop strategies for overcoming barriers to volunteer involvement and patient accessibility.
- Ability to select, train, motivate and supervise volunteers.
- Ability to develop and implement effective recruitment strategies and orientation/training materials.
- Ability to demonstrate sound judgment and reliability.
The successful candidate is required to have a High school diploma as well as a recognized certificate from a community college or university in the administration of volunteer resources; One (1) to two (2) years as a volunteer, as well as, three (3) to five (5) years of experience in managing volunteers; Membership in a professional volunteer organization; Bilingual (English and French) is required; and a Valid Yukon Class 5 Drivers License with a clean driving abstract. An equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience may be considered. Experience in a health care or hospital setting is preferred.
Quoting competition #2019-418 in the subject line, email your resume by 4:00 pm, October 22, 2019 to: email@example.com
People Services and Culture
Yukon Hospital Corporation
Yukon Hospital Corporation is committed to employment equity. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply, however, only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted. Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada in order to apply, i.e. have Landed Immigrant Status (Permanent Resident), Work Visa, or be a Canadian Citizen.
Date posted: October 8, 2019