Yukon Hospitals are obligated to collect fees for medical treatment provided to both uninsured residents and non-residents of Canada.
- one or more same-day outpatient visits are charged separately.
- insurance companies are not sent copies of bills for outpatient visits and all charges are payable at time of service.
- patients who have private insurance are required to provide information to the registration staff at time of admission. Hospital fees remain the responsibility of the patient.
- patients should contact their insurer directly.
Inpatient and outpatient daily rate includes:
- Basic diagnostic and hospital stay services.
Charges not included in daily rate:
- Physicians’ fees are billed separately by the physician’s office.
- Ambulance fees are billed separately by Yukon government.
- Medical Evacuation (medevac) fees are billed separately by Yukon government.
- Costs for copies of your health records and/or x-rays are billed separately.
How do I make a payment?
All payments can be made at the Admitting & Discharge desk.