Dietary Aide (Internal YHC Employees Only)
Competition open until filled.
Reporting to the Manager Nutrition and Food Services, this position is responsible for setting up and delivering meals, snacks to inpatients/residents, as well as to guests, and hospital staff in the cafeteria, washing dishes and utensils, maintaining a high standard of sanitation and safety procedures, and performs other related duties
Knowledge and skills required for this position are as follows:
- Knowledge of and ability to operate a cash register and perform basic addition and subtraction
- Knowledge and understanding of safe food handling practices
- Good teamwork skills
- Good time management skills
- Good verbal/written comprehension of the English language
- Courteous and respectful demeanor
- Proven ability to meet safety and sanitation practices
- Ability to multitask
- Reliable, confident and cooperative
- Ability to follow written and oral directions
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Show initiative and good judgment
- Cross cultural awareness and sensitivity
The successful applicant is required to have up to date Food Safe certificate and 6 months to 1 years of experience in a commercial or institutional kitchen.
Quoting competition # 2018-309, email your resume by 4:00 p.m. October 19, 2018 to: firstname.lastname@example.org
People Services & Culture (formerly Human Resources Department)
Yukon Hospital Corporation
Yukon Hospital Corporation is committed to employment equity. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply, however, only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted. Unfortunately, at this time, we are unable to consider resumes from International applicants. Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada in order to apply, i.e. have Landed Immigrant Status, Work Visa, or be a Canadian Citizen.
Posting Date: October 5, 2018