Are you looking to be part of an exceptional and passionate health care team in one of Canada’s most spectacular natural environments with vast and stunning wilderness at your doorstep?
Yukon Hospitals strives to cultivate an environment of passionate and engaged people with a culture that values growth, work/life balance, and wellness in helping all our people reach optimal ability. Our organization is an integrated system of hospitals: Whitehorse General Hospital (58 beds), Watson Lake Community Hospital (6 beds) and Dawson City Community Hospital (6 beds).
Reporting to the Support Services Supervisor, the Custodial Worker provides housekeeping services in all areas of the hospital and to contracted customers as assigned by the Support Services Manager and performs other related duties.
Knowledge, skills and abilities required:
- At least three (3) month’s experience in housekeeping duties
- Knowledge of housekeeping practices
- Basic knowledge of infection control for health care facilities
- Knowledge of proper biohazardous medical waste disposal
- Knowledge of sanitation and safety practices and procedures
- Ability to perform janitorial and housekeeping duties in accordance with approved methods and procedures
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing in the English language
- Ability to follow directions and work with minimal supervision
- Ability to plan and prioritize work
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work well with others
- Cross-cultural sensitivity and awareness
The successful applicant is required to have at least three (3) month’s experience performing housekeeping duties; valid class 5 driver’s license; Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) (to be obtained within first month of hire).
TO APPLY: quote competition #2023-025 and email your resume to email@example.com
For more information, contact recruitment at firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit whitehorse.ca and yukon.ca for more information on Whitehorse and living in the Yukon!
Indigenous Workforce Initiative - We are committed to having a diverse and representative workforce that reflects the community we serve. When applying to YHC Career Opportunities, we invite you to voluntarily self-identify in the email body of your application. Please do so in whatever manner you feel accurately reflects who you are. You will then be connected with Yukon Hospitals’ Indigenous Workforce Initiative (IWI), where you can receive support with application materials, hear about additional training or mentorship opportunities, and ask any questions you have. All self-identification information will remain confidential. You are also welcome to contact IWI supports before submitting your application at IWI@wgh.yk.ca or call 867-332-7203.
Yukon Hospital Corporation is committed to employment equity. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply, however, only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted. Unfortunately, at this time, we are unable to consider resumes from International applicants. Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada in order to apply, i.e. have Landed Immigrant Status, Work Visa, or be a Canadian Citizen.
Posting Date: January 12, 2023/Open until filled