Competition open until filled.
Reporting to Yukon Hospital Corporation (YHC) Executive Director(s), the Executive Assistant is responsible for providing confidential administrative support services to Executive Directors. This position must have superior organizational skills, be able to multi-task and be proactive. Attention to details, ability to anticipate requirements, meet deadlines, prioritize and adapt to changing demands is essential. In addition, this position provides executive secretariat services for various committees and performs other duties as required by the Executive Team.
Knowledge and Skills required for this position are as follows:
- Excellent knowledge of senior-level office practices and procedures. Very good knowledge of research methodology;
- Knowledge of budget management and control methods;
- Knowledge of medical bylaws and directives and healthcare legislation;
- Excellent computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, Access etc.) and various data base software;
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and conflict resolution skills;
- Good problem solving skills;
- Strong ability to prioritize, problem solve, and make decision both interdependently and independently;
- Ability to work with independence on a regular basis;
- Ability to prepare agendas and minutes in a timely and accurate fashion;
- Ability to maintain various files and records;
- Ability to develop and correlate metrics and statistics;
- Good initiative, discretion and judgment; and
- Cross cultural awareness and sensitivity.
The successful candidate will have completed a post-secondary Office Administration program at a recognized college or training institution (minimum 1 year). In addition a minimum of five years directly related experience at a senior administrative support level preferably in a healthcare environment, and a Current Class 5 driver’s license is required. Workplace Violence Intervention training and MEDITECH training are considered desirable.
Quoting competition # 2019-181, e-mail your resume to: email@example.com
People Services & Culture
Yukon Hospital Corporation
Yukon Hospital Corporation is committed to employment equity. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply, however, only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted. Unfortunately, at this time, we are unable to consider resumes from International applicants. Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada in order to apply, i.e. have Landed Immigrant Status, Work Visa, or be a Canadian Citizen.
Posting Date: Open Until Filled