Sign On Bonus May Be Available!
Under the direction of the Manager, Admissions and Discharge (A&D) and Health Records, performs the technical functions of coding and abstracting, data retrieval and release of information. Performs other related duties.
Knowledge and Skills Required
- Knowledge of coding & abstracting of the ICD-10-CA/CCI coding classification
- Knowledge of National coding standards and practices
- Knowledge of health record administration procedures and practices
- Knowledge of Acts, Ordinances & Regulations
- Knowledge of MS Office products Word, Excel and Outlook
- Knowledge of office practices & procedures
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Ability to use office equipment
- Ability to set priorities
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to use designated reference materials including coding and abstracting manuals, dictionaries, directories, Internet, etc.
- Ability to pay attention to detail, accuracy and thoroughness
- Ability to concentrate at a high level, work independently and exercise good judgment
- Cross cultural awareness.
The successful candidate will be a graduate of an accredited Health Information Management program with two years experience in a health information services environment in a health care setting; certified by CHIMA. Demonstrated knowledge and experience with abstracting application software. E.g. Meditech, 3M
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Relocation Allowance
- Pension Plan
TO APPLY: quote competition #2022-179, email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, contact recruitment at email@example.com
Indigenous Workforce Initiative - We are committed to having a diverse and representative workforce that reflects the community we serve. When applying to YHC Career Opportunities, we invite you to voluntarily self-identify in the email body of your application. Please do so in whatever manner you feel accurately reflects who you are. You will then be connected with Yukon Hospitals’ Indigenous Workforce Initiative (IWI), where you can receive support with application materials, hear about additional training or mentorship opportunities, and ask any questions you have. All self-identification information will remain confidential. You are also welcome to contact IWI supports before submitting your application at IWI@wgh.yk.ca or call 867-332-7203.
Yukon Hospital Corporation is committed to employment equity. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply, however, only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted. Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada in order to apply, i.e. have Landed Immigrant Status (Permanent Resident), Work Visa, or be a Canadian Citizen.
Posting Date: March 29, 2022/Open Until Filled