Health Care Attendant x 4
Reporting to the Clinical Care Manager, the Hospital Care Attendant is involved in planning and providing direct care to clients to enhance their independence and quality of life, and to help meet their physical, emotional, spiritual and cultural needs within a clean and safe environment. The incumbent will regularly work as the primary caregiver for respite clients and under the supervision of the duty Nurse, provide care for acute care patients and perform other related duties.
Knowledge and skills required for this position are as follows:
- Basic knowledge of physical and psychological changes related to illness;
- Strong ability to assist clients in activities of daily living to support their emotional and spiritual needs;
- Excellent oral communication skills;
- Ability to work effectively in a cross cultural environment;
- Good organizational and interpersonal skills; and
- Work effectively both independently and within a team.
The successful candidate will have completed a training program specific to this role or 2-3 years’ experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities of this position, hold a valid Yukon Class 5 driver’s license, current CPR, non-violet Crisis Intervention training and Food Safe Level 1 certificate.
Quoting competition # 2019-366-369, email your resume by 4:00 p.m. September 20, 2019 to: firstname.lastname@example.org
People Services & Culture Yukon Hospital Corporation
Yukon Hospital Corporation is committed to employment equity. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply, however, only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted. Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada in order to apply, i.e. have Landed Immigrant Status (Permanent Resident), Work Visa, or be a Canadian Citizen.
Posting Date: August 6, 2019