Human Resources Business Partner
Competition open until filled.
Reporting to the Manager, Human Resources, the Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) provides a full range of proactive human resources consulting/advising services, guidance and coaching to specific client groups with the Yukon Hospital Corporation (YHC) in support of the organization’s goals. The HRBP is the primary contact for department managers/client groups for all people-related services, providing proactive and current advice to managers or ensuring clients are seamlessly connected with appropriate resources in the following areas: recruitment and selection, total rewards, employee/labour relations, job evaluation and performance development. As necessary, the incumbent collaborates with the Manager, Human Resources and other functional managers/leads within People Services & Culture or other divisions to ensure client groups are seamlessly connected to support resources in the areas of ability management and benefits, learning and development, communications and engagement, and health and safety.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Advanced knowledge of the theory, principles and practices of human resources management;
- Sound knowledge of industry practices, employment, human rights, and occupational health and safety laws/regulations;
- Strong working knowledge of and ability to understand the organization’s operations and objectives;
- Strong knowledge of and commitment to ethical decision-making and practices;
- Excellent communication skills (written, presentation and negotiation);
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills with the ability to build and leverage relationships;
- Exceptionally organized with strong project management skills;
- Strong research, analytical and problem solving skills;
- Demonstrated skills and knowledge to deal with all aspects of diversity in the workplace;
- Excellent coaching, conflict resolution, decision-making and influencing skills;
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access, etc.) and willingness to try and champion new technologies;
- Ability to effectively consult and engage stakeholders;
- Ability to work independently and operate effectively at both a strategic and operational level;
- Ability to balance day-to-day administrative tasks and ongoing employee support with parallel initiatives in a fast-paced environment;
- Good judgement, diplomacy, discretion and sensitivity to confidentiality, privacy and human rights;
- Cross-cultural awareness and sensitivity.
- Degree or diploma in Human Resources, Business or related field.
- Five (5) years of Human Resources or related experience.
- Demonstrated and progressive experience in understanding and working in partner-based human resource teams and with federal and territorial workplace contractual agreements and legislation such as human rights, labour relations, health and safety, and employment standards.
- CPHR designation and training in conflict resolution, mediation or negotiation skills are considered desirable.
An equivalent combination of education, training, and/or experience may be considered.
Apply now by quoting competition 2018-318, and email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Yukon Hospital Corporation is committed to employment equity. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority consideration. We thank all those who apply and advise that only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Posting Date: Open Until Filled