Licensed Practical Nurse - Medical (West Units)
Under the supervision of the Clinical Care Manager/Clinical Nurse Leader, and as a member of a multidisciplinary team, the incumbent provides nursing care, within their scope for the comfort of patients. Incumbents also performs treatments, procedures to aid in supportive and curative measures for patient care and participates in the development and implementation of nursing care plans.
The following are knowledge and skills required for this position:
· Knowledge of established practices and procedures of professional nursing care;
· Knowledge of trends and developments in the nursing field;
· Ability to develop and implement nursing care plans;
· Ability to communicate orally and in writing;
· Effective interpersonal skills;
· Initiative, judgment and reliability;
· Cross-Cultural awareness;
· Advocacy and assertiveness skills;
· Ability to teach nursing practices and other relevant unit skills;
· Basic computer literacy
The successful applicant will have certification as a Licensed Practical Nurse in the Yukon Territory through Consumer and Corporate Affairs and current C.P.R. Certification with a minimum of 6 months nursing experience related to assigned department/unit. Continuing education in specialty areas (example; Pediatric, Mental Health, Wound Care, Palliative Care In-services) and Meditech experience would be considered assets for this position.
Quoting competition #2020-029 in the subject line, e-mail your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
People Services & Culture
Whitehorse General Hospital
Yukon Hospital Corporation is committed to employment equity. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply, however, only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted. Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada in order to apply, i.e. have Landed Immigrant Status (Permanent Resident), Work Visa, or be a Canadian Citizen.
Posting Date: April 21, 2020