Licensed Practical Nurse SMU
Under the supervision of the Clinical Care Manager/Clinical Nurse Leader, and as a member of a multidisciplinary team, the incumbent provides nursing care, within their scope for the comfort of patients. Incumbents also performs treatments, procedures to aid in supportive and curative measures for patient care and participates in the development and implementation of nursing care plans.
The following are knowledge and skills required for this position:
· Knowledge of established practices and procedures of professional nursing care;
· Knowledge of trends and developments in the nursing field;
· Ability to develop and implement nursing care plans;
· Ability to communicate orally and in writing;
· Effective interpersonal skills;
· Initiative, judgment and reliability;
· Cross-Cultural awareness;
· Advocacy and assertiveness skills;
· Ability to teach nursing practices and other relevant unit skills;
· Basic computer literacy.
The successful applicant will have certification as a Licensed Practical Nurse in the Yukon Territory through Consumer and Corporate Affairs and will hold a current C.P.R. Certification with a minimum of six (6) months nursing experience related to the assigned department/unit.
Quoting competition #2020-274 in the subject line, e-mail your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Yukon Hospital Corporation is committed to employment equity. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority consideration. We thank all those who apply and advise that only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.
People Services & Culture
Yukon Hospital Corporation
Posting Date: September 15, 2020 Opened Until Filled