Manager, Accounting Services
Are you looking to be part of an exceptional and passionate health care team in one of Canada’s most spectacular natural environments with vast and stunning wilderness at your doorstep?
Yukon Hospitals strives to cultivate an environment of passionate and engaged people with a culture that values growth, work/life balance, and wellness in helping all our people reach optimal ability. Our organization is an integrated system of hospitals: Whitehorse General Hospital (55 beds), Watson Lake Community Hospital (6 beds) and Dawson City Community Hospital (6 beds).
Reporting to the CFO and Executive Director of Corporate Services, this position is responsible for the management and coordination of accounting and financial activities for the Yukon Hospital Corporation (YHC) and the Yukon Hospital Foundation (YHF).
Knowledge, skills and abilities required:
- In depth knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and Practices including audit functions and requirements.
- Knowledge of business practices and procedures.
- In depth knowledge in accounting, financial statements preparation, accounts payable and accounts receivable, and payroll.
- Good working knowledge of computerized accounting and management information systems and ability to effectively use complex computerized accounting systems.
- Demonstrated computer skills and proficiency in MS Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Strong human resource and interpersonal skills with the ability to organize, coach, mentor and evaluate staff in varied roles.
- Good communication skills both oral and written including the ability to develop and deliver training and orientation sessions.
- Self-motivated individual, able to work independently.
- Ability to plan, organize and evaluate multiple tasks and make decisions in accordance with policies/regulations.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Cross Cultural awareness and sensitivity.
The successful applicant should have an Accounting Designation (CMA, CGA, CA or in the process of obtaining a designation) with five to seven years of relevant experience plus a minimum of three to five years management/supervisory experience.
Other knowledge that would be desirable: Canadian Institute for Health Information accounting guidelines; experience with MEDITECH; post-secondary course work in leadership and/or performance management and familiarity with a hospital or an institutional-environment.
- Yukon Bonus
- Relocation Allowance
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Pension Plan
- Performance Based Annual Bonus
- Generous Vacation Time
TO APPLY: quote competition #2022-261 and email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, contact recruitment at email@example.com or 867-393-8675
Indigenous Workforce Initiative - We are committed to having a diverse and representative workforce that reflects the community we serve. When applying to YHC Career Opportunities, we invite you to voluntarily self-identify in the email body of your application. Please do so in whatever manner you feel accurately reflects who you are. You will then be connected with Yukon Hospitals’ Indigenous Workforce Initiative (IWI), where you can receive support with application materials, hear about additional training or mentorship opportunities, and ask any questions you have. All self-identification information will remain confidential. You are also welcome to contact IWI supports before submitting your application at IWI@wgh.yk.ca or call 867-332-7203.
Yukon Hospital Corporation is committed to employment equity. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply, however, only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted. Unfortunately, at this time, we are unable to consider resumes from International applicants. Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada in order to apply, i.e. have Landed Immigrant Status, Work Visa, or be a Canadian Citizen.
Posting Date: May 2, 2022