Manager Information Systems
Competition open until filled.
Reporting to the Chief Information Officer (CIO), the Manager, Information Systems’ first priority is to lead the re-implementation of our Meditech Magic Hospital Information System into the latest platform “Expanse”. Upon completion of this 18 month project, the Manager will be accountable for the overall management and day to day operations of the Information Systems Department.
The Manager will support the CIO in improving services, program delivery and performance through oversight and deployment of information systems, improved access to information, technology and telecommunications. In addition, the Manager may be asked to lead or support major corporate projects as appropriate & required.
This position requires strong people skills in addition to leadership, administrative and technical knowledge. Primary functions include: fostering strong, positive employee relations; promoting excellence in quality, safety and risk management; efficient & effective utilization of human, financial and physical resources; budget implementation and project management. The Manager Information Systems takes a lead role in creating a culture of collaboration and teamwork. This position is a key role to supporting our mission, vision and goals and works closely and collaboratively with all hospital staff, healthcare partners and is an important member of the YHC management team.
Knowledge and Skills required for this position are as follows:
- Strong current knowledge of advanced IT environments in acute care health environments
- Excellent knowledge of information management principles and practices
- Knowledge of management methods and techniques including human and financial management.
- Excellent organizational and decision-making skills
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Excellent research skills and ability to prepare reports and correspondence
- Strong IT desktop and Microsoft Office application skills in a Windows environment
- Ability to deal with interruptions and time pressures and prioritize concurrent demands
- Good initiative, discretion and judgment.
- Ability to prepare a budget and determine resource requirements.
- Ability to resolve operational problems and assess staff performance
- Effective interpersonal skills to maintain strong working relationships inter, intra and extra hospital environment.
- Cross-cultural awareness and confidentiality
- Excellent knowledge and experience with Meditech Systems is a significant asset
- Excellent knowledge and experience with VM environment, CISCO Network Infrastructure, CISCO Telephony and EMC Storage are also significant assets.
The successful candidate will have a bachelor degree in related Information Management, Information Technology or Health Informatics combined with 5 years’ experience managing IT staff.
Quoting competition # 2019-196, e-mail your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
People Services & Culture
Yukon Hospital Corporation
Yukon Hospital Corporation is committed to employment equity. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority consideration. We thank all those who apply and advise that only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Posting Date: May 8, 2019/Open Until Filled