Medical Laboratory Technologist
Competition open until filled.
Reporting to the Laboratory Manager, the position provides diagnostic testing for physicians and other health care providers without immediate support or consultation of an on-site pathologist. The medical laboratory technologist performs a variety of routine and specialized procedures in the processing of specimens for analysis used in diagnosis and treatment. This position is responsible for: daily processing, testing, resulting and reporting of diagnostic samples within the laboratory; maintaining an on-going quality control program in order to ensure the accuracy and quality of the test results; keeping accurate records of all procedures; maintaining and troubleshooting a variety of laboratory instruments.
Knowledge and skills required for this position are as follows:
- Knowledge of medical laboratory principles, theories, procedures, methods, techniques and practices;
- Knowledge and ability to maintain a wide variety of complex laboratory equipment with and without the aid of service personnel;
- Ability to perform routine and special analysis/procedures including phlebotomy;
- Ability to maintain records and prepare comprehensive and concise reports;
- Ability to maintain patient confidentiality;
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills;
- Professionalism, thoroughness, punctuality, reliability and tact;
- Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision;
- Ability to deal with interruptions, distractions, time pressures, concurrent demands and client pressures;
- Ability to work in a team environment and foster team dynamics;
- Commitment to professional development and continuing education;
- Cross-cultural awareness; and,
- Ability to work in a computerized environment
Candidates must be certified as a Registered Medical Laboratory Technologist in Canada and be a member in good standing with the Canadian Society for Medical Laboratory Science (CSMLS). Recent experience working in an accredited medical Laboratory and a valid class 5 driver’s license are also required for this position. This position will be expected to work all shifts and perform on-call duties as required. A degree in Medical Laboratory Technology or related field would be considered an asset for this position.
Quoting competition #2018-345, email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
People Services & Culture (formerly Human Resources Department)
Yukon Hospital Corporation
Yukon Hospital Corporation is committed to employment equity. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority consideration. We thank all those who apply and advise that only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Posting Date: November 5, 2018/Open Until Filled