Medical Laboratory Technologists
We offer: $5,000 signing bonus, comprehensive compensation package, registration fees paid, relocation allowance, and temporary subsidized accommodation
Reporting to the Laboratory Manager, the position provides diagnostic testing for physicians and other health care providers without immediate support or consultation of an on-site pathologist. The medical laboratory technologist performs a variety of routine and specialized procedures in the processing of specimens for analysis used in diagnosis and treatment. This position is responsible for: daily processing, testing, resulting and reporting of diagnostic samples within the laboratory; maintaining an on-going quality control program in order to ensure the accuracy and quality of the test results; keeping accurate records of all procedures; maintaining and troubleshooting a variety of laboratory instruments.
Knowledge and skills required:
- Knowledge of medical laboratory principles, theories, procedures, methods, techniques and practices;
- Knowledge and ability to maintain a wide variety of complex laboratory equipment with and without the aid of service personnel;
- Ability to perform routine and special analysis/procedures including phlebotomy;
- Ability to maintain records and prepare comprehensive and concise reports;
- Ability to maintain patient confidentiality;
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills;
- Professionalism, thoroughness, punctuality, reliability and tact;
- Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision;
- Ability to deal with interruptions, distractions, time pressures, concurrent demands and client pressures;
- Ability to work in a team environment and foster team dynamics;
- Commitment to professional development and continuing education;
- Cross-cultural awareness; and,
- Ability to work in a computerized environment
Candidates must be certified as a Registered Medical Laboratory Technologist in Canada and be a member in good standing with the Canadian Society for Medical Laboratory Science (CSMLS). Recent experience working in an accredited Medical Laboratory and a valid class 5 driver’s license are also required for this position. This position will be expected to work all shifts and perform on-call duties as required. A degree in Medical Laboratory Technology or related field would be considered an asset for this position.
Quoting competition #2021-435-436, email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Indigenous Workforce Initiative - We are committed to having a diverse and representative workforce that reflects the community we serve. When applying to YHC Career Opportunities, we invite you to voluntarily self-identify in the email body of your application. Please do so in whatever manner you feel accurately reflects who you are. You will then be connected with Yukon Hospitals’ Indigenous Workforce Initiative (IWI), where you can receive support with application materials, hear about additional training or mentorship opportunities, and ask any questions you have. All self-identification information will remain confidential. You are also welcome to contact IWI supports before submitting your application at IWI@wgh.yk.ca or call 867-332-7203.
Yukon Hospital Corporation is committed to employment equity. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply, however, only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted. Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada in order to apply, i.e. have Landed Immigrant Status (Permanent Resident), Work Visa, or be a Canadian Citizen.
Posting Date: July 8, 2021