Medical Radiological Technologist- X-Ray
Reporting to the Manager of Medical Imaging, at Whitehorse General Hospital, the incumbent provides clinical and technical support to Physicians, with remote support of a Radiologist, by performing routine, emergency and specialized radiology examinations of patients including fluoroscopy examinations (under the guidance of the Radiologist/Physician). Sets up, operates, and troubleshoots stationary and mobile imaging equipment; produces and transmits digital images to Picture Archiving Communication System (PACS) for Radiologist/Physician interpretation. Provides emergency callback services, supports the on-going quality assurance program and preventative maintenance testing of equipment, administrative/clerical 36.and other related duties.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Knowledge of and proficiency in Radiological techniques and procedures;
- Knowledge of CT;
- Knowledge of anatomy, physiology and pathology;
- Knowledge of radiation physics;
- Knowledge of digital imaging equipment (operates, troubleshoot and adjusts as required);
- Knowledge of Radiation, Health and Safety Regulations (safety code 35);
- Knowledge of sterile technique and infection control practices;
- Ability to recognize and respond to a change in patient condition;
- Ability to be innovative (adjusts equipment and/or patient and modifies procedures);
- Ability to deal with situations in a professional manner;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective work relationships with colleagues, peers, patients and families;
- Ability to organize, prioritize, adapt to workload schedule variances and resolve work related problems;
- Ability to keep current with technology changes and aid in implementation of accepted change;
- Ability to train and orientate other health care professionals;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Thoroughness and attention to detail;
- Reliability, self-motivation and ability to work independently with limited supervision;
- Cross-cultural awareness.
The successful applicant will have completed an approved program in Medical Radiation (X-ray) Technology, have current registration with the Canadian Association of Medical Radiation Technologists (CAMRT ) with Radiological Technologist designation (MRT(R)), current certification in CPR and experience operating and maintaining imaging related equipment. Knowledge of the following would be considered an asset for this position; computerized Hospital and Radiology Information systems, Computed and Digital Radiography systems (CR & DR), Picture Archiving Communication Systems (PACS), and Computed Tomography. A Bachelor of Radiation Science or Bachelor of Technology degree in Medical Imaging would also be considered an asset.
Quoting competition # 2021-564, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by 4:00pm on September 21, 2021
Indigenous Workforce Initiative - We are committed to having a diverse and representative workforce that reflects the community we serve. When applying to YHC Career Opportunities, we invite you to voluntarily self-identify in the email body of your application. Please do so in whatever manner you feel accurately reflects who you are. You will then be connected with Yukon Hospitals’ Indigenous Workforce Initiative (IWI), where you can receive support with application materials, hear about additional training or mentorship opportunities, and ask any questions you have. All self-identification information will remain confidential. You are also welcome to contact IWI supports before submitting your application at IWI@wgh.yk.ca or call 867-332-7203.
Yukon Hospital Corporation is committed to employment equity. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply, however, only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted. Unfortunately, at this time, we are unable to consider resumes from International applicants. Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada in order to apply, i.e. have Landed Immigrant Status, Work Visa, or be a Canadian Citizen.
Posting Date: September 7, 2021