Competition open until filled.
Reporting to the Manager, Information Systems, the Network Analyst provides advanced-level planning, maintenance and hardware support for the technical infrastructure (Cisco Switching, Routing, Wireless and Server platforms, EMC storage technology, VMWare vSphere and View environments) and telephone systems (Cisco Telephony). Provides end user support for physical and virtual desktop workstation operating systems and standard desktop software. The focus of this position is managing IT technical infrastructure, as opposed to application-level support of clinical systems software.
Knowledge and skills required for this position are as follows:
- Extensive knowledge of networked-based computer equipment;
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft enterprise system management;
- Knowledge of tools, equipment, and procedures needed to assemble, install, and test all types of computer, network or information systems hardware;
- Knowledge of software tools needed to plan and document changes and implementations (i.e. Access databases, Excel spreadsheets, Visio diagrams, AutoCAD drawings, etc.);
- Strong project management skills;
- Ability to manage medium-sized corporate networks, preferably in a health care environment;
- Experience with current PC-based operating systems and networks, particularly: Virtualization, Windows Operating Systems and TCP/IP networking;
- Experience managing current telephony technology: cabling, telephone switches, maintenance, and management of these resources;
- Ability to balance conflicting priorities and receiving direction from multiple sources;
- Demonstrated history of maintaining current levels of relevant professional knowledge; credible as an "expert resource" for WGH information and telephone systems;
- Proven and effective analytical skills. Particularly the ability to quickly and correctly analyze a problem situation, and effectively develop and implement a solution;
- Good organizational skills and the ability to work with a minimum of supervision;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and ability to work effectively in teams;
- Ability to effectively teach clients how to effectively use new technology;
- Good research, report writing, and documentation skills.
The successful candidate is required to have Completion of post-secondary diploma/degree program in Information Systems, Communication Systems, or a related field of study – 2 years; Experience managing medium-sized corporate networks, preferably in a health care environment; Experience working with current computer hardware, networks, and operating systems; Experience implementing and maintaining large IT system infrastructure, preferably in a health care environment; Experience working with current computer hardware, networks, and operating systems; Experience maintaining medium to large scale TCP/IP networks; Experience managing large facility telephone systems. Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE), designation highly recommended although not technically required; Network administration skills with client/server based computer systems; Experience managing MEDITECH systems technical operations; Experience working in a cross cultural environment are desired.
Quoting competition #2018-215, e-mail your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Yukon Hospital Corporation is committed to employment equity. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority consideration. We thank all those who apply and advise that only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Posting Date: Open Until Filled