All patients need to check in at the Admitting & Discharge (reception) desk located on the ground floor of the hospital building when they first arrive at the hospital for:.
- visits to the emergency department
- scheduled appointments in the emergency department for IV therapy, dressing changes, cast care, etc.
- checking in for hospital admission requested by your family doctor
- an X-ray appointment
- a lab appointment such as blood work
From the parking area, you can enter on the ground floor through the hospital's main doors into the main lobby.
The Admission Process
Whether you are having a routine X-ray or being admitted to hospital for several days, the registration or admission process is very important. While it may be true that all of your information is already in our system, or that you are being asked the same questions again, the various questions and forms that need to be filled out are for your safety.
Please bring the following with you:
your Yukon Health Care card
your Status card
government-issued identification like a driver’s license or permanent resident card
- a list of all medications (pills or other drugs) you take as well as the bottles or packages they came in. This includes prescriptions, vitamins, pain relievers like Tylenol or Advil, health supplements and herbal remedies
You may be asked to:
provide the name and contact information for your doctor
provide the name and contact information for your emergency contact or next-of-kin
For your safety, all patients going to the emergency department will get an ID bracelet.
If you have allergies, you will also be given an allergy bracelet. Please keep this on at all times while you are at the hospital. If your bracelet is lost or damaged, please notify your nurse immediately.