Thank you for your interest in volunteering at Whitehorse General Hospital. Due to the shift in prioritization towards the prevention and management of COVID-19 we are not currently processing applications.
We are tentatively planning for a Fall 2020 intake, but are continually monitoring the situation and will update accordingly.
If you have recently applied, your application will remain active in our system. All successful applicants will be contacted regarding next steps once recruitment has recommenced.
Ready to join our volunteer team? Please submit a completed Volunteer Application Package to the Volunteer Services department. We strive to accept as many applicants as possible, however, we are unable to guarantee a placement and only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
About the enrollment process
- Submit a completed application form.
- If a suitable role is available, the Coordinator, Volunteer Services will contact you to schedule and conduct an interview.
- If your skills match an available opportunity, you will be requested to attend an orientation session that will take up to two hours.
- Upon completion of the orientation, you will be offered a suitable volunteer placement.
- Receive your volunteer handbook, uniform & ID Badge. (A $20.00 refundable deposit is required for your uniform & ID badge. Additional uniforms, if requested by the volunteer are $20.00 each. The non-refundable replacement fee for a lost ID badge is $20.00)
- Training will be provided within the assigned department.
- Once trained, a regularly scheduled shift will be assigned.
- Evaluation, support and supervision will be provided on an on-going basis