Nursing Unit Clerk - Medical /Surgical
Under the direction of the Clinical Care Manager, the incumbent performs clerical, reception, and material management functions directly related to, or in support of, the delivery of patient care on the nursing unit.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Knowledge of health care and hospital activities
- Knowledge of Medical Terminology
- Knowledge of Pharmaceutical Terminology
- Knowledge of medical transcription methods and practices
- Proficient use of office equipment and computers
- Proficient in the use of office software (e-mail, Excel, Word, Power Point, Meditech)
- Effective interpersonal and team skills
- Effective organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize multiple demands in a stressful environment
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of First Nations culture and traditions
The successful candidate will have completed an Office Assistant – medical major Certification (10 month intensive program), have current CPR and Non Violent Crisis Intervention certification (or be able to complete this within six months of hire). An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered for this position.
Quoting competition #2021-647, email your resume by 4:00 pm., October 26, 2021 to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Indigenous Workforce Initiative - We are committed to having a diverse and representative workforce that reflects the community we serve. When applying to YHC Career Opportunities, we invite you to voluntarily self-identify in the email body of your application. Please do so in whatever manner you feel accurately reflects who you are. You will then be connected with Yukon Hospitals’ Indigenous Workforce Initiative (IWI), where you can receive support with application materials, hear about additional training or mentorship opportunities, and ask any questions you have. All self-identification information will remain confidential. You are also welcome to contact IWI supports before submitting your application at IWI@wgh.yk.ca or call 867-332-7203.
Yukon Hospital Corporation is committed to employment equity. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply, however, only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted. Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada in order to apply, i.e. have Landed Immigrant Status (Permanent Resident), Work Visa, or be a Canadian Citizen.
Posting Date: October 12, 2021