Payroll and Pension Plan Administrator
Reporting to Manager Accounting Services, the Payroll & Pension Plan Administrator is responsible for processing regular bi-weekly payroll and annual T4s, and submission of payroll remittances for the Yukon Hospital Corporation (YHC) and the Yukon Hospital Foundation (YHF). The position also administers the Yukon Hospital Corporation Employees’ Pension Plan.
Knowledge and skills required for this position are as follows:
- Demonstrated, in-depth knowledge of payroll administration;
- Knowledge of collective agreement administration;
- Knowledge of and ability to administer legislated acts and regulations relating to payroll and pension (e.g. Canada Revenue Agency’s, Employment Insurance Act, Workers’ Compensation Act, Pension Benefits Standards Act, etc.);
- Knowledge of accounting practices, and some accounting background;
- Strong computer skills;
- Excellent interpersonal and oral communications skills;
- Excellent research and report writing skills;
- Excellent analytical, organizational skills and problem solving skills;
- Ability to use various computer Microsoft Office software products (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.);
- Tact, diplomacy and the use of good judgment; and
- Cross-cultural awareness and sensitivity.
Payroll Compliance Practitioner (PCP) designation from the Canadian Payroll Association and a minimum of two (2) years of recent work experience in processing payroll in a unionized environment are required. A Certified Payroll Manager (CPM) designation from the Canadian Payroll Association, coursework in Accounting practices and/or relevant accounting experience, strong knowledge of the Meditech system, Chartered Professional in Human Resources (CPHR) designation or an undergraduate degree in a business related field would be an asset.
An equivalent combination of education, training, and/or experience may be considered
Quoting competition #2019-105, email your resume by 4:00 p.m. March 19, 2019 to:firstname.lastname@example.org
People Services & Culture
Yukon Hospital Corporation
Yukon Hospital Corporation is committed to employment equity. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority consideration. We thank all those who apply and advise that only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Posting Date: March 5, 2019