Reporting to the Manager, Information Systems, the Programmer Analyst will provide systems-level information technology (IT) application and interface development and support for YHC critical applications, including the Health Care Information System (HCIS) and Picture Archive Communications System (PACS), provide IT application development and support services for non-HCIS and PACS applications used at YHC and will provide IT technology application level support for emerging technologies relevant to YHC business requirements, in addition to other related duties.
Knowledge and skills required:
- Good knowledge of networked-based computer equipment and peripherals;
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft enterprise system management, including current Microsoft server, and desktop operating system management;
- Excellent knowledge of SQL database management and reporting system;
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office enterprise desktop and server applications;
- Knowledge of Meditech report writing (NPR) desirable;
- Strong project management skills;
- Proven ability to manage medium-sized corporate applications and databases, preferably in a health care environment;
- Good knowledge of current Internet Protocol networks, and in particular Microsoft TCP/IP networking;
- Ability to balance conflicting priorities and receiving direction from multiple sources;
- Excellent knowledge of website development (including SharePoint) and support management tools;
- Proven ability to develop and manage corporate websites using industry standards;
- Demonstrated history of maintaining current levels of relevant professional knowledge; credible as an "expert resource" for YHC information systems
- Proven and effective analytical skills to analyze IT issues, effectively develop & implement a solution;
- Good organizational skills and the ability to work with a minimum of supervision;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Ability to work effectively in teams;
- Ability to effectively teach clients how to effectively use new technology; and
- Good research, report writing, and documentation skills.
The successful applicant will have completed a post-secondary 2 year technical diploma or bachelor degree program in Information Systems, Database or Systems Management or a related field of study. In addition, the incumbent will have 3 years experience preferably in a health care environment managing medium-sized corporate applications and databases; working with current Microsoft server and desktop hardware, networks, and operating systems; developing and maintaining corporate websites using industry standard tools; and working with application support dependent on TCP/IP networks. An equivalent combination of training and/or experience may be considered.
Quoting competition #2022-010, email your resume by 4:00 p.m. January 27, 2022 to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Indigenous Workforce Initiative -We are committed to having a diverse and representative workforce that reflects the community we serve. When applying to YHC Career Opportunities, we invite you to voluntarily self-identify in the email body of your application. Please do so in whatever manner you feel accurately reflects who you are. You will then be connected with Yukon Hospitals’ Indigenous Workforce Initiative (IWI), where you can receive support with application materials, hear about additional training or mentorship opportunities, and ask any questions you have. All self-identification information will remain confidential. You are also welcome to contact IWI supports before submitting your application at IWI@wgh.yk.ca or call 867-332-7203.
Yukon Hospital Corporation is committed to employment equity. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply, however, only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted. Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada in order to apply, i.e. have Landed Immigrant Status (Permanent Resident), Work Visa, or be a Canadian Citizen.