Quality Systems Lead
Reporting to the Manager Laboratory Services, the incumbent is responsible for the Laboratory Quality Assurance Program within Yukon Hospital Corporation (YHC) through program planning, development, implementation, monitoring, education and support. The incumbent will participate in the planning and coordination of services; monitors the quality of work performed to ensure standards are met and safety procedures are followed. Provides input into recruitment and performance management, and supports the training and coaching of team members. As a member of the leadership team, participates in facilitating workplace solutions and the implementation of new; equipment, techniques and procedures. The incumbent also performs the duty of a Medical Laboratory Technologist as required.
Knowledge and skills required for this position are as follows:
- Solid understanding of Diagnostic Accreditation Program or other provincial or federal laboratory accredited program.
- Excellent knowledge of Laboratory Quality Management systems
- Extensive knowledge of medical laboratory principles, theories, procedures, methods, techniques, practices and legislation
Effective interpersonal and communication skills including discretion, tact, reliability and professionalism
Strong organizational and analytical skills including document management, problem solving and decision making skills
- Ability to organize, prioritize, adapt to workload variances and resolve work related issues
- Ability to establish and maintain effective work relationships with colleagues, peers and patients
- Ability to research, prepare and manage comprehensive and concise reports and correspondence
- Demonstrated ability to supervise, lead, train and evaluate competency of staff
Reliability, self-motivation, and ability to work independently and as a member of the team
Cross cultural awareness and sensitivity
Candidates must have current Canadian Society of Medical Laboratory Sciences (CSMLS) Certification as a Registered Medical Technologist in Canada; a Degree in Medical Laboratory Technology or related field; Clinical Laboratory Quality Manager Certificate or equivalent; with a minimum 3 years’ experience in an Accredited Medical Laboratory environment (DAP, ISO15189); Recent (within the past 5 years), experience in an Accredited Medical Laboratory environment (DAP, ISO15189) and a minimum one (1) year supervisory/leadership experience. .Experience with Meditech and Laboratory information systems is desired.
Quoting competition #2019-164, email your resume to:email@example.com
People Services & Culture
Yukon Hospital Corporation
Yukon Hospital Corporation is committed to employment equity. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply, however, only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted. Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada in order to apply, i.e. have Landed Immigrant Status (Permanent Resident), Work Visa, or be a Canadian Citizen.
Posting Date: Open Until Filled