Competition open until filled.
Reporting to the Facility Administrator, the Registered Nurse administers and implements the medical and therapeutic programs ordered by the physician. As well the RN develops, and implements individualized nursing care plans. As a team member, through the provision of treatment services and health education, the incumbent fosters an environment in which clients can achieve and maintain optimal health. Duties include: providing inpatient and outpatient/emergency care for the patient; assisting with planning; implementing and evaluating a comprehensive family service; and performing other related duties which contribute to the optimal functioning of the unit.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Knowledge of general practices and procedures of professional nursing care;
- Knowledge of trends and developments in the nursing field;
- Ability to develop and implement nursing care plans;
- Ability to provide professional nursing care in a cross cultural environment;
- Ability to instruct patients and their families in health and rehabilitation practices;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Commitment to interdisciplinary team approach;
- Demonstrates initiative and good judgment;
- Excellent problem solving skills;
- Ability to teach nursing practices and other relevant skills;
- Good leadership skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Computer literacy skills;
- Commitment to lifelong learning.
The successful candidate is required to have a Diploma/Baccalaureate degree in Nursing; be currently registered with Yukon Registered Nurses Association (YRNA); and have current C.P.R certification. Certification in A.C.L.S., N.R.P, and T.N.C.C would be desirable. A minimum of 2-3 years of experience in acute care nursing is required for this position.
Please Note: Internal employees only: This job posting will be utilized to create two Eligibility Lists – one for regular (full-time and part-time) and one for term positions. Qualified employees who wish to be included on either or both of the Eligibility Lists must apply for the job posting in order to be interviewed for the purpose of being ranked on the Eligibility Lists.
Quoting competition #2018-332, e-mail your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
People Services & Culture
Yukon Hospital Corporation
Yukon Hospital Corporation is committed to employment equity. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply, however, only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted. Unfortunately, at this time, we are unable to consider resumes from International applicants. Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada in order to apply, i.e. have Landed Immigrant Status, Work Visa, or be a Canadian Citizen.
Posting Date: Open Until Filled