As a multidisciplinary team member, the incumbent provides nursing care for patients through the administration and implementation of medical investigation and therapeutic programs through the application of knowledge of general nursing, physical health, and psycho-social well being; provides organization, direction, supervision and collaboration in the planning and implementation of nursing best practices.
Knowledge, skills and abilities required:
- Knowledge of established practices and procedures of professional nursing care;
- Knowledge of trends and developments in the nursing field;
- Effective interpersonal skills;
- Initiative, good judgment and reliability;
- Advocacy and assertiveness skills;
- Basic computer literacy;
- Ability to teach nursing practices and other relevant clinical skills;
- Ability to develop and implement nursing care/treatment/discharge plans;
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing; and
- Cross-cultural awareness and sensitivity.
The successful candidate is required to have a Diploma/Baccalaureate degree in Nursing, be currently registered or able to be licensed with Yukon Registered Nurses Association (YRNA) and have current C.P.R certification.
Please Note: Internal employees only: This job posting will be utilized to create two Eligibility Lists – one for regular (full-time and part-time) and one for term positions. Qualified employees who wish to be included on either or both of the Eligibility Lists must apply for the job posting in order to be interviewed for the purpose of being ranked on the Eligibility Lists.
Quoting competition #2018-344, please e-mail your resume by 4.00 p.m. October 25, 2018 to: firstname.lastname@example.org
People Services & Culture
Yukon Hospital Corporation
Yukon Hospital Corporation is committed to employment equity. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply, however, only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted. Unfortunately, at this time, we are unable to consider resumes from International applicants. Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada in order to apply, i.e. have Landed Immigrant Status, Work Visa, or be a Canadian Citizen.
Posting Date: October 11, 2018