Registered Nurse - ICU
As a multidisciplinary team member the incumbent provides nursing care for patients through the administration and implementation of medical investigation and therapeutic programs.
Knowledge and Skills Required
- Knowledge of established practices and procedures of professional nursing care;
- Knowledge of trends and developments in the nursing field;
- Ability to develop and implement nursing care plans;
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing;
- Effective interpersonal relationships;
- Initiative, judgment and reliability;
- Cross-cultural awareness;
- Advocacy and Assertiveness skills;
- Ability to teach nursing practices and other relevant unit skills.
- Basic computer literacy
The successful candidate is required to have a Diploma / Baccalaureate degree in Nursing, a minimum of 1 year nursing experience in ICU, be currently registered with Yukon Registered Nurses Association (YRNA) and have current C.P.R certification. Certification in A.C.L.S. and Critical Care nursing would be considered an asset for this position.
Please Note: Internal employees only: This job posting will be utilized to create two Eligibility Lists – one for regular (full-time and part-time) and one for term positions. Qualified employees who wish to be included on either or both of the Eligibility Lists must apply for the job posting in order to be interviewed for the purpose of being ranked on the Eligibility Lists.
Quoting competition # 2019-291, email your resume to: email@example.com
People Services & Culture
Whitehorse General Hospital
Yukon Hospital Corporation is committed to employment equity. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply, however, only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted. Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada in order to apply, i.e. have Landed Immigrant Status (Permanent Resident), Work Visa, or be a Canadian Citizen.