Registered Nurse/Registered Psychiatric Nurse
Competition open until filled.
As a multidisciplinary team member, the incumbent provides nursing care for patients through the administration and implementation of medical investigation and therapeutic programs through the application of knowledge of general nursing, physical health, and psycho-social well-being; provides organization, direction, supervision and collaboration in the planning and implementation of nursing best practices.
Knowledge and skills required for this position are as follows:
- Knowledge of established practices and procedures of psychiatric nursing care;
- Knowledge of trends and developments in the psychiatric nursing field;
- Knowledge of non-violent crisis intervention methods and techniques;
- Ability to develop and implement nursing care plans;
- Ability tocommunicate orally and in writing;
- Effective interpersonal relationships;
- Initiative, judgment and reliability;
- Cross-cultural awareness;
- Advocacy and Assertiveness skills;
- Ability to teach nursing practices and other relevant unit skills;
- Basic computer literacy.
The successful candidate is required to have a Diploma/Baccalaureate degree in Nursing or Psychiatric Nursing, a minimum of One (1) year nursing experience related to the assigned specialty area (s) or specific online course completion for the specialty area (s), be currently registered with Yukon Registered Nurses Association (YRNA) and have current C.P.R certification.
Note: Preference will be given to candidates with a minimum of 1 year of Mental Health nursing experience.
Please Note: Internal employees only: This job posting will be utilized to create two Eligibility Lists – one for regular (full-time and part-time) and one for term positions. Qualified employees who wish to be included on either or both of the Eligibility Lists must apply for the job posting in order to be interviewed for the purpose of being ranked on the Eligibility Lists.
Quoting competition #2019-012, e-mail your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
People Services & Culture
Yukon Hospital Corporation
Yukon Hospital Corporation is committed to employment equity. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority consideration. We thank all those who apply and advise that only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Posting Date: Open Until Filled