Senior Policy Research Analyst
(Term is June 16, 2020 to June 11, 2021)
The Senior Policy Research Analyst will support Yukon Hospital Corporation’s commitment to cultural safety and equity. Reporting to the Director – First Nations Health Programs, the incumbent will work closely and collaboratively with team leaders and the People Services & Culture team to achieve outcomes identified in strategic and operational plans, including growing and developing the First Nations workforce within our hospitals and creating team and learning environments where First Nations can strive and thrive. This position gathers and analyzes information, prepares decision documents and background papers, identifies and researches best practices in order to create a workforce development action plan and help organizational development and learning programs, which will have an impact on health services and delivery across the organization.
Knowledge and Skills required for this position are as follows:
- Thorough knowledge of policy development principles, methods and activities;
- Knowledge of best practices in Indigenous Health such as Calls to Action (TRC), Calls for Justice (MMIW), UNDRIP and Wise Practices (HealthCare CAN), et cetera;
- Knowledge of relevant acts and regulations such as ATIPP, PIPEDA, Canada Health Act, Yukon Health Act et cetera;
- Working knowledge of professional practice standards, statutes and regulations governing the operation of an acute care hospital;
- Working knowledge of program evaluation, auditing, data collection and analysis methods and techniques;
- Working knowledge of Indigenous Cultural Safety and Indigenous Health Equity principles and tools used in a healthcare environment;
- Proven exemplary written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to establish positive relationships with all staff, clients, families, community agencies and other professionals while employing tact and diplomacy;
- Proven ability to inform, consult, involve and engage;
- Proven organizational, problem-solving, time management, prioritization, coordination, facilitation, and critical thinking skills;
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership, navigate complex issues and advance organizational priorites;
- Highly computer literate with relevant business productivity systems;
- Demonstrated ability to utilize creativity in the development and delivery of education material to adult learners.
The successful candidate will have a University Degree in a related area such as health, social services, public policy or management and four (4) to five (5) years’ experience in policy analysis, development, evaluation, and research in health care systems. An equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience may be considered. Project management and training would be considered an asset.
Please note: Preference will be given to candidates of First Nation Ancestry
Quoting competition # 2020-255 in the subject line, e-mail your resume by 4:00 pm June 2, 2020 to: email@example.com
People Services & Culture
Yukon Hospital Corporation
#5 Hospital Road, Whitehorse, YT, Y1A 3H7
Yukon Hospital Corporation is committed to employment equity. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply, however, only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted. Unfortunately, at this time, we are unable to consider resumes from International applicants. Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada in order to apply, i.e. have Landed Immigrant Status, Work Visa, or be a Canadian Citizen.
Posting Date: May 19, 2020