(Open to YHC Internal Employees Only)
Term Part Time Position (0.5)
This position is at the L09 level with an hourly pay range of $41.15 to $54.97
January 3, 2022 – April 4, 2022
Reporting to the Manager, Pharmacy and Chemotherapy, the Chemotherapy staff nurse provides nursing care for patients through the administration and implementation of medical investigation, case management and therapeutic programs through application of knowledge of general and chemotherapy nursing, physical health and psycho-social well-being. This position also provides organization, direction, supervision and collaboration in planning and implementation of nursing and chemotherapy best practices.
Knowledge and Skills Required
- Demonstrated working knowledge of cancer care, including both clinical and supportive care;
- Knowledge of both local community and territorial/provincial cancer services and healthcare systems;
- Knowledge of established practices and procedures of professional nursing care;
- Knowledge of trends and developments in the nursing field;
- Knowledge and demonstrated application of adult learning principles and practices;
- Knowledge of office administration practices and procedures;
- Excellent organizational, assessment, analytical and critical thinking skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Demonstrated creativity, resourcefulness and innovation;
- Demonstrated computer literacy including working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications i.e. Excel, Word, Outlook;
- Excellent oral and written communication, facilitation and presentation skills;
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a variety of groups and individuals;
- Awareness and sensitivity to religious beliefs as they relate to health issues;
- Demonstrated ability to administer chemotherapy;
- Ability to develop, implement and evaluate the navigation process; and
- Cross-cultural awareness and sensitivity.
The successful candidate is required to have a Diploma / Baccalaureate degree in Nursing, registration with Yukon Registered Nurses Association (YRNA); a minimum one (1) year recent Chemotherapy experience; Intravenous (IV) and central venous catheter (CVC) certification; current C.P.R certification; and a Chemotherapy Designation or certification through the British Columbia Cancer Association (BCCA) or other like association or education institution. An equivalent combination of education, training, and/or experience may be considered.
Please Note: Internal employees only: This job posting will be utilized to create two Eligibility Lists – one for regular (full-time and part-time) and one for term positions. Qualified employees who wish to be included on either or both of the Eligibility Lists must apply for the job posting in order to be interviewed for the purpose of being ranked on the Eligibility Lists.
Quoting competition #2021-715 email your resume by 4:00 pm December 8, 2021 to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Indigenous Workforce Initiative - We are committed to having a diverse and representative workforce that reflects the community we serve. When applying to YHC Career Opportunities, we invite you to voluntarily self-identify in the email body of your application. Please do so in whatever manner you feel accurately reflects who you are. You will then be connected with Yukon Hospitals’ Indigenous Workforce Initiative (IWI), where you can receive support with application materials, hear about additional training or mentorship opportunities, and ask any questions you have. All self-identification information will remain confidential. You are also welcome to contact IWI supports before submitting your application at IWI@wgh.yk.ca or call 867-332-7203.
Yukon Hospital Corporation is committed to employment equity. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply, however, only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted. Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada in order to apply, i.e. have Landed Immigrant Status (Permanent Resident), Work Visa, or be a Canadian Citizen.